What do you actually do in anxiety treatment therapy?
- Right from the first time we meet together, you’ll learn about why this is happening and how to change it. Together, we work toward very small interventions to reduce your anxiety feelings. Slow and steady wins the race! This is how you gain control over anxiety!
- You’ll learn tools you can use the rest of your life to help you every step of the way. Right now, your brain floods you with anxiety in many different situations. We will teach your brain to respond differently over time.
- You will learn to become an accepting observer of your experience, rather than an anxious victim. Don’t worry if that doesn’t make sense yet—it will, and it will change your life!
- We use methods based on over 30 years of research…that truly work. I know you’ve tried other things before: it’s time to do what works.
- We’ll only do what works for you. You don’t need every technique, you just need the right techniques for your specific experiences.
Do you take my insurance?
I am dedicated to helping as many people as possible, so I take everything! My practice manager will verify and explain your benefits before you arrive. Just call and let us know what your insurance is, and we’ll help you navigate it!
What about anxiety meds?
I’m not licensed to prescribe meds, but I work closely with several doctors and am happy to refer you if we feel like that’s the right way to go.
What happens in the first session?
After my practice manager has verified your insurance, you’ll learn right from the first session how to start feeling better. You’ll gain new ways to control anxiety and new skills you’ll use every day! Pretty soon, over time, you’ll see how your anxiety starts to fade away. I’ll show you exactly how to make that happen.
Where are you located?
We are at 21650 W. Eleven Mile Road Ste 206 Southfield, MI 48076. There’s easy access to the building right off of Eleven Mile Road with free parking right at the building. Just come to the second floor, Suite 206, and you’ll meet Gwen, my practice manager, and me!